It is the function of the Project Engineer to obtain bids, quantity take-off, evaluate, coordinate and distribute the information and authorizations needed to construct and bid the project to the quality specified. In the performance of this function, the Project Engineer is responsible to protect and promote the interest of Palace Construction in all matters and to take actions to satisfy these responsibilities.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Formal construction, engineering or architectural training, and/or at least three years of building construction experience required.
- General knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating and purchasing techniques, as well as basic understanding of accounting procedures. Knowledge of various construction methods and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances.
- Demonstration management know-how, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be driven and self-motivated and have excellent follow-up skills.
- Palace is a Drug Free Workplace – Urine test required
- Background check will be conducted
- Positive attitude