We are looking for a Project Superintendent to supervise the field construction of projects, including their organization, planning and scheduling, in order to complete work on time, within the budget and the quality specified. In the performance of this function, the Project Superintendent is responsible to protect and promote the interests of Palace Construction in all matters and taking actions, as required, to satisfy those responsibilities.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Have complete knowledge of all general contract and subcontract documents, drawings, and specifications and develop the on-site plans and procedures for their implementation.
- Develop within the project documents, the quality control procedures and requirements.
- Complete knowledge of the job estimate and to see that the work is performed within the boundaries of the estimate.
- Plan and review the Construction Program with the Project Manager including procedures, plant layout, equipment, and manpower.
- Prepare Progress schedules, to keep them properly updated, and to see that the job does everything feasible to meet the required dates. These schedules must be coordinated with the Project Manager and the Project Engineer for assurance of feasibility.
- Advise the Project Team on project requirements for temporary construction services.
- Examine all drawings and specifications for suspected design deficiencies, impractical details and code violations, and refer these findings to the Project Manager/Engineer who will bring them to the attention of the Architect.
- Direct and train the workforces and administer the field office.
- To assure the continued development of assigned staff by use of performance evaluations, varying assignments and promoting positive project morale.
- To work with the Project Manager and Project Engineer in scheduling and expediting the delivery of materials and equipment furnished by Palace and subcontractors and to assume the primary responsibility for their timely on-site delivery.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of subcontractors, suppliers, labor and material.
- To obtain, or see that the subcontractors obtain, all necessary permits for temporary and construction purposes. These include such permits as required for sidewalk bridges, sidewalk sheds, sidewalk closings, canopies, etc. (Project Manager/Engineer will assist when requested by Superintendent.)
- To see that all insurance requirements of the subcontract agreement with subcontractors are satisfied prior to starting the work and during the term of the project.
- Coordinate, and direct when necessary, the activities of inspection agencies and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- To handle all job labor relations.
- Have complete knowledge of and assure that the project’s Equal Employment Opportunity requirements are met.
- Establish and maintain good safety and security practices for the entire project in accordance with Palace’s Safety Policy and applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Prepare regular and special reports for Job Meetings and attend the same and maintain a Project Daily Log.
- Identify potential change orders and keep the Project Manager/Engineer currently informed as to changes made in the field, so that such changes may be covered by general contract orders and subcontract change orders. To properly authorize, validate, and process all Owner and Subcontract Change Orders, T&M tickets, and similar documents involving changes.
- Review and approve monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices, and all other disbursements.
- Participate in the timely preparation of monthly requisitions and to see that they are promptly reviewed and approved by the Architect-Owner’s field representative.
- Maintain good relations and communications with all who are involved in the project including the public.
- Review all Schedule “B” Subcontractor “Scopes of Work” with Project Manager prior to Award of Subcontract.
- Minimum of 10 years experience Superintendent experience of multiple projects ranging from $1 MM to $25MM
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills, negotiation skills, and administration skills
- Ability to generate and forecast construction schedules
- Knowledge of basic computer skills in Windows
- Capable of assisting with budgets
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to manage people
- Blue print review and interpretation
- Contractors license, construction courses
- Good knowledge of computer scheduling programs
- Palace is a Drug Free Workplace – Urine test required
- Background check will be conducted
- Positive attitude