We are looking for a fully trained and fully competent construction professional capable of executing the duties of foreman for assigned jobs of any magnitude including interface with customers, project managers, division and corporate management. Responsible for overseeing the job from start to finish. Plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters. Works under the direction of supervising personnel for the achievement of division and corporate goals.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Assist with conducting all on-site safety meetings.
- Safety must be a primary emphasis through all aspects of job management.
- Zero loss-time injuries are expected.
Sales and Marketing
- Serves the customer’s needs. Responds to all complaints. Conducts client management and maintenance to ensure continuing good customers relations.
Project and Job Administration
- Attend preconstruction meeting, as required.
- Helps develops job schedules in a logical sequence, if needed.
- Produces the required paperwork: critical job information summaries, numbers of field personnel, customer services and manpower requirements, job assignments, and other information as needed.
- Ensures project progresses in a timely fashion.
- Prepares project reports for management, client or others, as needed.
- Provides input for invoicing and billing in a timely fashion.
- Conducts yearly or semiannual reviews of staff.
- Assist in developing and directing change orders as required.
- Reporting to management all concerns considered important that are out of the ordinary or perceived to be beyond the authority of the position.
- Assist supervising and coordinating all activities of construction workers for the various phases of construction.
- Responsible for quality of all work put in place by Palace and its subcontractors.
- Assist with job safety and project cleanliness.
- Assist in handling of all personnel discipline problems.
- Manages detailed scope of the project with field personnel.
- Assist with scheduling employees and subcontractors.
- Assists others in scheduling progression of work.
- Supervises and maintains communication with management.
- Assist with managing subcontractors.
- Responsible for field staff, subcontractor and material coordination.
- Manage and supply field support through completion of the project.
- Confers with field personnel to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Assist in closing out the project.
- Assist in conducting final walk-through.
- Executes punch-list in a timely fashion.
- Continually develops individual supervisory/management skills.
- Expands personal knowledge and experience for all facets of job responsibility.
General/Background Skills Needed
- Strong understanding of the construction processes with 5 years’ experience in the construction industry.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess good self-management skills and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong attention to details.
- A team builder while being team-oriented.
- Exercise an appropriate level of leadership.
- Able to make sound decisions, appropriate for this level.